Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
A Bleach RPG Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Banned Powers? Empty Banned Powers? Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Kuroi

Kuroi
Okay, let me get right to the point. Why do we even have banned powers? It is quite pointless, one cannot define certain powers OP and others not for example I believe things should be accepted/declined dependant on the power itself. Anything could be OP for example if someone could freeze everything within 100 meters of them. Now I am going to write up an "ability" which involves a banned power; Gravity Manipulation.

Example: Kirito's main ability is to e able to use the force of gravity in a combat and everyday situation. In a nutshell it basically allows him to exert his influence within local gravity, it has a range of 100 meters in every direction but cannot go any further and if he tried he would get a massive headache and possibly pass out.

Using the ability is quite a drain on his mental ability since in order to either lessen or increase gravity he must concentrate on doing so, this may result in headaches and even migraines should he push his ability past 5 posts. While he can exert and lessen gravity to bring it to zero gravity end he cannot rapidly change from one to the other an it requires a one post deactivation effort he can change the effect.

Not only that but when using it he has a hard time maintaining his concentration, the more he wants to lessen or increase gravity takes a bigger effect on his mind and even body. Because of this even the smallest distraction could pull him out of the ability and go into the 6 post coodown.

Tell me that ability is OP? He has a lot of disadvantages as well as advantages so I believe it should e up to the wording and balance of the ability, what do you people think? Also can I start the question of who thinks tier effect charts should be abolished.

#2Banned Powers? Empty Re: Banned Powers? Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:19 am

Anonymous
I for one think that there should be very few in terms of banned powers. There are plenty of abilities and techniques which have been allowed which are way OP. They are more of a threat to fairness than most of what's on the banned powers list. I think it should all be about drawbacks.

#3Banned Powers? Empty Re: Banned Powers? Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:38 am

Anonymous
I really have no say on this. Since by my limitations, which mind you I deem very, very loose, half the site would have some considerable issues.

#4Banned Powers? Empty Re: Banned Powers? Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:56 am

Kuroi

Kuroi
mhmm, I just see believe that nothing is OP, anything can be OP really. I suggest that the banned powers should be balanced and the more powerful it is the more drawbacks it should have. Like Mx. said it is really all about the wording of the powers/abilities so should we perhaps remove banned powers???

#5Banned Powers? Empty Re: Banned Powers? Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:14 am

Anonymous
Issue is without a guideline you're going to have to bicker and edit powers foreverrrr.... Case by case can be tedious in regards to powers. But I'm okay with it everyone else is.

#6Banned Powers? Empty Re: Banned Powers? Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:06 am

Anonymous
I would suggest a referential list. "To avoid OP powers" list or something like that. It would give a general guidelines of the types of drawbacks we expect given an ability.

Ex.

Poisons
Gas Form-Can't be controlled with great accuracy, can be blown away, etc.
Liquid Form-Must rely on something strong enough to break skin/hierro to be introduced into the body
etc. etc.

#7Banned Powers? Empty Re: Banned Powers? Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:38 am

Anonymous
Pretty much MX has the right idea.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum