Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
A Bleach RPG Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

#11[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am

Heatwave

Heatwave
Shuya clicked his tongue. "Ah," he began, feeling a little intrigued by Kishibe's detailed answer. "I suppose my answer wouldn't be quite so complicated." He looked down at his sword with its gunmetal-colored guard. "A spar? Well that's one thing. Approach it with honor, learn from one's mistakes. If both sides aren't improved afterwards, then you've done something wrong. That's my take."

He then slipped his sword out of his scabbard, looking at its polished blade, remembering the blood that he'd cleaned off, day after day. "With an enemy... well... nothing else to do but eliminate them. Ideally one strike should do it. Never any hesitation. Hesitation is selfishness, and that comes from the same place as disloyalty to the Gotei."

He sheathed his sword. "I guess that's where our sensibilities differ." He chuckled.

#12[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:48 am

EyeJays

EyeJays
Kishibe nodded, agreeing with Shuya's sentiments on the matter, as well as his differing perspective. It was only natural, of course, their squads sat on opposite ends of the proposed spectrum. Their pursuits, their reasons for fighting and their morals would never truly align. But Kishibe would still respect Shuya, after all, they allies.

"And therein lies the beauty of our roles. Where I would offer a chance at redemption, you would lace your blade with blood. Where I would offer mercy, you would offer only death. Law and order, my friend. Law and order differs quite significantly from that of pre-meditated slaughter. After all, it's my job to ensure that those amongst our ranks who perhaps grow too hungry, too arrogant or lackadaisical forever remain aware of their place."
Kishibe replied, offering Shuya an unnervingly warm grin. Kishibe considered himself a peace-loving man, and if his already expressed opinions hadn't clued Shuya in on the matter, Kishibe appeared to be the furthest from the fight-loving members of the fifth squad. That did not mean, however, that he would allow his views to otherwise shirk or affect his duties.

Should justice be required, Kishibe would be present to mete it out.

#13[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:54 am

Heatwave

Heatwave
Shuya looked at Kishibe a little quizzically for a moment, before shrugging. "Hmmm... Seems like a lot." He remarked. This discussion had quickly evolved into something more philosophical than he was expecting. A lot of deliberation about this and that... this Kishibe seemed to be the kind of man who enjoyed mental detours. "And you have to make this decision on the fly each and every time, huh?"

It was the Shinigami's role often to be judge, jury, and executioner simultaneously. While Shuya often only found himself in positions where he played the role of the latter, often wasn't always. Those exceptional moments were always the hardest.

Thinking about it a bit more made his brain start to curdle. "Never mind... Too much to think about. I'll just decide everything on a case by case basis. No sense in deciding everything in advance." He sighed. "I'm not even sure how I ended up down this rabbit hole to begin with..."

#14[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:22 am

EyeJays

EyeJays
It was then that Kishibe found himself returning to a state of vacant monotony, his smile fading into nothingness. If his colleague's subtly confused tone wasn't enough of a hint, then surely Shuya's replies themselves would be. Kishibe's tendency to lecture had resulted in boredom, and what he'd assumed was mild irritation on Shuya's part. Perhaps it would have served him better to have spoken little, or not at all.

"I... apologise for my rambling. I'm sure you're already keenly aware of the subject matter I've covered... at length."
He began, the faintest of wistful smiles tugging at the corners of his lips. He turned, then, casting his gaze towards the sky. He wouldn't have minded a little rain, it would certainly help his camellias to sprout.
"But yes, lateral and critical thinking is a core part of our ethos... especially those of us in the sixth squad. We tailor our response to the situation at-hand. I trust you don't need further examples."
He continued, his head turned slightly, glancing at Shuya from his peripheral. Shuya need not worry, for Kishibe had not been offended. Rather, he was disappointed in himself for allowing his desire to converse to overwhelm his colleague.

"Perhaps it would be best to allow the silence to take me once again..."
Kishibe whispered, under his breath and against the breeze. His free hand, as if on cue and recognising the need for pause, returned his pipe to his mouth.

#15[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:16 am

Heatwave

Heatwave
Shuya listened to him, and he while he thought the whole thing was still a little much, he conceded that it was fair for him to have an opinion. "No, no, you're fine. I asked -- it's only fair you answer." Shuya shrugged. He put on a crooked smile in light of the rather grim direction their discussion had taken them. "I don't mind if you speak your mind." He trailed off, looking forwards.

He didn't have much to say, but relaxing with this guy was enough of a vibe that he didn't mind. "I suppose... moving on from that topic, perhaps you have some interesting hobbies? I think I'm in dire need of things to do that don't directly relate to my job." He decided, thinking back to recent events.

#16[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:48 am

EyeJays

EyeJays
Kishibe soon returned to the soft patch of grass that he'd previously occupied, albeit a few paces away from Shuya so as to avoid irritating his colleague's lungs with his smoking. For the briefest of moments, his gaze locked with Shuya's, Kishibe bringing his sunglasses to rest against his fringe. He nodded, a polite smile creasing his features for the moment. Kishibe was thankful that Shuya had both changed the subject and allayed any worry that he'd held with regards to Shuya's irritation.

He cast his gaze elsewhere so as to avoid staring.
"I'm an avid gardener, whenever I'm free one can always find me tending to my plants. It helps me to unwind after a hard day's work, eases my tension after a training session and provides me with a sense of pride... knowing that I've got my own little pocket of nature to nurture. It's serenity, I guess."
He began, his fingers combing through the blades of well-kept grass nearby, fidgeting as he spoke. It was then that Kishibe's free hand gestured toward himself, beginning at his scalp and working its way to his toes almost. But he dared not match Shuya's gaze.

"You may consider it all to be material, and you'd not be wrong, but since becoming a shinigami I've prided myself on my beauty and fashion standards."
He continued, punctuating the sentence with a ruffle of his floral hairpiece, a slight tug at his kimono.
"Makeup, fashion, opulence... each of them luxuries I was never afforded in my youth. Perks of the job, I guess."

Somewhere along the way, a tear had threatened to stain his cheek, but he would opt for rubbing his eyes and making up some form of excuse should Shuya question it. He had rambled for long enough, and though it seemed his patience had not wavered, Kishibe could only assume that Shuya had no interest in playing therapist. Now was not the time for such trifles.

#17[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:01 pm

Heatwave

Heatwave
Shuya nodded, listening with a surprising amount of interest. He definitely appreciated the fact that Kishibe had hobbies and all that. Shuya met his gaze, paying attention, discovering the variety of things that people did with their time when they were not actively doing their duties. ... Unlike Shuya.

"I see. That's a lot." He remarked. He definitely did believe that what Kishibe was doing was materialistic -- that was a good word for it -- but was it necessarily wrong? That was the implication, and yet, Shuya didn't see why that should have been the case.

"Well... perhaps I ought to find a little materialism in myself too." He shrugged. "I'll have to think about it. Most of what I do these days is centered on my duties. Perhaps it's time to turn a new leaf." If just a bit. He mused, leaving the last thought to himself. He'd said enough as it was.

#18[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:30 am

EyeJays

EyeJays
Kishibe smiled at Shuya's response, his gaze seeming to drift away with the winds as it ruffled the grassy field. To solely occupy one's self with their job was a noble, if foolhardy, pursuit. Surely Shuya could see that... though perhaps it was due to their differing mindsets, Kishibe surmised. Did the second division consider themselves mere tools of assassination? Never quite able to 'switch off' from their duties, their fixation?

Perhaps Shuya could not see it in himself, but that was an unhealthy path to travel.
Neither of the two had known one another long enough to refer to each other as 'friend'. Yet, for reasons Kishibe could not explain, he found himself wanting to help Shuya.
"In that case, should you ever find yourself in need of a distraction... or perhaps the undertaking of a new hobby, come and find me at the sixth squad barracks. Dedicate your hands to land as opposed to the blade for a while, a spot of gardening is good for anyone."
Kishibe replied, a brow suggestive brow raising as his gaze fell upon his colleague.

He fancied himself a good judge of character, Kishibe wouldn't dare offer Shuya an education in the world of fashion nor makeup. An assassin had little time for standing out when their skill set focused on blending in. But gardening... whilst hardly considered useful, could prove to be a worthwhile hobby, or a welcome distraction at the very least.

#19[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:01 am

Heatwave

Heatwave
Shuya considered the thought. "Gardening, eh...?" While a spot of gardening, as he put it, was probably good for the soul, it sounded a little dull. He did try to keep his disagreement off his face when he politely turned him down. "I'm not known for my green thumb, unfortunately. I doubt I'll have much success with it. Perhaps if I'm desperate, but... I should think other crafts ought to come first."

There were plenty of other crafts he could do, including ones that he might be good at - blacksmithing came to mind, given his shikai - but that would still require a leap of motivation. "I suppose if I ever find a good way to put myself to use I will run it by you and let you see the results for yourself." Shuya decided.

#20[Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break - Page 2 Empty Re: [Kishibe|Shuya] A Welcome Break Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:45 am

EyeJays

EyeJays
Kishibe nodded, finding Shuya's reply to be acceptable, but he would chuckle nonetheless. The act of gardening itself might have been considered unworthy of his colleague's pursuit, indeed, however that had not been Kishibe's intent in making said offer. He had... other ideas in mind. It was then that a delightfully devilish smirk began to crease Kishibe's features.

"Gardening and herbology are one in the same. I assume that, during your tenure in the second division, you've practiced the art of poison craft? If not, I do believe gardening would be a hobby well worth the investment... would it not?"
To Shuya, such a question might have been deemed rhetorical, but Kishibe would ask it anyway. Given that the majority of their targets were hollows, however, perhaps such a skill would be pointless. But one never quite knew when such a circumstance may change. Then, such knowledge would be of great benefit; especially to an assassin.

Kishibe had also assumed that Shuya was capable of reading between the lines. He hadn't intended on overtly stating his offer, but the hint was nonetheless there. At the very least, it would award Kishibe the opportunity to gain both a friend and protege simultaneously.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum