Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
A Bleach RPG Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Erida Seika

Erida Seika

©2013 kaitou
"Katherine! How dare you come between me and him?" Graven shot at the Queen of Hearts, who smiled in response. Her smile was akin to that of a grandmother, who smiles on the silliness of a toddler. Angered, the Primera declared with a voice, that thundered all over the destroyed halls of Karasu's castle; "I will never back down, and neither will my army, not until there is no man of mine left standing! I will take you down, if I have to, but I will end Dante today!" Then, the queen's smile was gone. She had expected him to be smarter than that.

"As you wish." She spoke coldly, and gestured to the five of the Roses behind her. On that instant, the five would appear all around Graven, only to keep him in place for a moment and block his escape. A black, ancient-looking knife had slipped into Katherine's hand. Graven recognized the dark weapon as one of the cursed artifacts of the kings. Before he could speak a word or push the Roses aside, the blade had pierced his hierro-infused skin and sunk into his flesh. "What have you done?" He would ask in disbelief, as the Queen of Hearts withdrew the blade, and her Roses let go of him. Graven fell to his knees, and then to the ground, as the poison of the blade spread through his entire body.

The shinigami, who had been forced out of his Bankai, let out a plea for Katherine. She glanced at him, like she was looking at the most disgusting entity in the world, and replied to his pleas. "And you? How many have you killed, shinigami? If I were you, I would leave and never set foot on these sands again, for my mercy does not extend to the hypocrites. Take on my advice."

Looking at her Roses again, she told them; "Emilía and Amara, seize Alyss and Annora. They are coming with us to the East. Cassandra, Dorothea and Adelita will swipe away the remnants of these pathetic militias." As all of the five disappeared from sight, Dante groaned in his pains and Graven lied in the ground, struggling to keep himself conscious. "Now, what do I do with you, Dante? Would you prefer torture, before I get what I want and kill you, or not? Your choice." She looked at the defeated Blood Wraith, who spitted on the ground upon her words.

"Torture it is, then."

"I believe this battle is over, Lambda Àrbitro, perhaps we should cease this petty fight and focus our efforts on other things aside from this." Kuroi spoke, after evading her attack effortlessly. She agreed, but she couldn't admit it around. "What makes you think I would just let you-" Go, she was going to say. An almost unnoticeable flare of reiatsu, and the total disappearance of it had caught her attention. The fury leader knew what the phenomena would mean, and to whom that reiatsu belonged to.

"Iota!!!" Lambda screamed from the top of her lungs. Kuroi was heading towards the citadel, but she couldn't care less - someone had killed Iota and that someone needed to get their intestines fed to themselves. She was full of bloodlust and rage, as she dashed towards the citadel as well, trying to pinpoint the location she had felt the reiatsu in. It was gone, no trace of it left in this world. All she knew was the direction.

When Lambda's eyes were set on a man, whose surrounding was veiled in ice and frost, she would stop. Espada or not, he was not among the Army of Blood - an enemy, in other words, and given her enraged state of mind, her next action was not well-thought. Recklessly, she screamed at him; "Die you worm!" And with that, her hand with a sword was raised, in order to open the earth and feed the arrancar to it's hungry teeth, but when she moved it down, it was no longer there. Her hand was a short distance away, liberated and bleeding. Her zanpakuto was lying on the ground.

"Figured you don't need it." A voice behind her spoke. Before Lambda could turn around, a sword had pierced her throat, and cut open her arteries and vocal chords. Her body fell to the ground, as Cassandra appeared from the behind, stripping herself of a cover of invisibility, looking amused at the easy victory.

"Long time no see, Saelien," she smirked and hissed.

"Yes, Vice-Captain Kimura," Yumiko replied sheepishly, and the chains around the three arrancar began to wither away, as she began to encrypt her own spell. Eliyah looked furiously disappointed at both females, his blade still greedy for hollow blood - in the end, he would seal his shikai, sheathe his zanpakuto and sigh in a martyring manner. Mú rose up immediately and crushed the weakened chains around her, while Tau remained on the ground and stared into nothingness. For a moment, the red-haired arrancar pondered their odds of survival, if she took off before they knocked her unconscious, but came to the conclusion, that even if she could take on the little girl, the two others were out of her league. As Eliyah raised his hand to perform Hakufuku, a spell to force the two unconscious, they were interrupted by an unexpected arrival.

The black clouds on the sky would rain with purple light, and rods of thunder struct the area around them, both as a warning and a flaunting demonstration of power. The ground would shake uncontrollably, as if an earthquake had hit the castle, and the sands below their feet would turn into solid stone, before cracking and opening as if to devour the shinigami and the arrancars. Yumiko was caught off guard and looked to the two senior officers for orders, rather than thinking by herself, whilst Eliyah cursed aloud. Mú saw her moment, and tried to awaken Tau from her trance without success - she couldn't leave her behind, so running was not an option. Mú raised her up by placing Tau's hand on her own shoulder, and lifting her from her hips.

"Thinking of running away, eh?" A cheerful and childish voice shouted from afar. An arrancar wearing a knight's armor and a yellow-colored hair had appeared on the battlefield, and was standing on a pillar of stone, that seemed to have appeared out of nothing. "Not good, not at all. No one runs from Katherine and her Roses, didn't you know that?" She mocked them in a mischievous tone. Another arrancar appeared after her - this one had purple-colored hair and rather revealing clothing. "Couldn't wait to jump into that ugly Resurreccion of yours, 'Lita?" She told the yellow-haired arrancar in a patronizing manner, while earning an angry look from her ally. "We should get rid of these ants soon, so we can catch up to that Segunda." She said, but had to continue because of the questioning and clueless look on her friend's face. "Cut off the head of the Espada, dumbass. With Graven gone, the Segunda remains as the remaining superpower of their petty militia." Looking as if she hadn't heard what her friend said, the yellow-haired arrancar turned back to the enemy.

"I will now cut you six to pieces, in the name of Queen Katherine! Understood?" She yelled from afar, earning her a laughing fit from her ally. "What?!" She screamed at her. "Understood? Could you be any more pathetic?" The two arrancars, with Tau out of her trance and barely conscious, looked at the bickering in disbelief. Then, without a warning, both of the unknown arrancars turned their head to the group of six. The yellow-haired struct her longsword into the ground, and the purple-haired drew out a spear of lightning out of the thin air. The earthquake started again, and this time the ground was opening all around them, whilst thunder rained over them, hitting each, should they not move out of it's way.

Kuroi

Kuroi
Kuroi was halfway to the citadel when he sensed Lambda's reiatsu nearby suddenly cease, he was quite surprised that someone took out Lambda so quickly and so efficiently, he admired that. Kuroi wondered whether he should go back to confront Lambda's assailant although decided to get to Graven, he could sense the massive power coming from the tower and he knew that all of the major powers were at that being's mercy. He passed through the doors and the group of six would see a black blur move through the middle of them at high-speeds so that even the strongest there couldn't perceive exactly what happened. He was about to ascend to the next floor when he noticed something, he was being followed. There were two arrancars in pursuit, and he sensed them arrive at that groups location, he wondered whether he should intervene or get to Graven, he decided to make the quick detour.

His speed was incredible however his reiatsu was almost impossible to perceive or sense and with Katherine's reiatsu all around the tower his reiatsu was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. He floated above the group, out of sight while the women addressed the shinigami of the Gotei Thirteen and Army of Blood, Kuroi took notice of how they wanted to move onto get to him and decided it was best to act soon. Before he could act he felt a sharp burning within his hand, the back of it where a few weeks earlier he had drawn a symbol which apparently made him a pawn to Dante, in return he was permitted by the Blood Wraith to drink from the Heart of Darkness's power, ever since then he had not been able to use his Resurreccion. He removed his hand from the black glove and saw that the symbol was corroding and becoming black before disappearing, it appeared once more before it suddenly evaporated off his hand, and then he felt his strength finally return.

Kuroi's form changed, he felt different yet in a way immature in terms of how his powers had developed. His sudden burst of power released a pitch black mist onto the hallway which prevented all forms of vision by the girls without an aid of some description. He dropped down and decided to make his presence known with a simple sentence, "Were you looking for me? Little girls you shouldn't mess with the Segunda Espada as I am quite... merciless" he said before the darkness was drawn into his form and the Segunda Espada was cloaked in a strange cloak of darkness which made him look demonic. He stood in front of the group and without taking his eyes off his opponents used Umbrakinesis he raised a black dome above them to block the lightning bolts from striking the group although it shattered like glass after it had been struck with all of the attacks.

"I would recommend running away now girls." It was an offer to let them flee since he really had no interest in another fight, especially against these two. He was stronger than them although his appearance added a "fear factor" due to just how dark and demonic it looked. He would wait for the girls to respond to his appearance and clear readiness to fight, as if to emphasis this he created a nodachi out of the darkness around him. He turned to the shinigami and arrancar, "Shinigami you are all leaving now! Arrancar, you will head to Las Noches, understand?" he said although he had a feeling Mu and Tau might escape and D'gerik would too he no longer cared about their fate.

~~~~

Kirigiya Kyoraku sat within the office of the Squad One Headquarters, he had received the most recent report of the war status and he rubbed his head. Losses were high, in both resources and shinigami soldiers, he didn't understand anymore why he was throwing away lives for this war, the new faction had decimated the forces and he had finally had enough of this. "Meiyo, give the order for a retreat and summon Senkaimon for escape. This war is no longer our concern." he said and the Vice-Captain nodded before leaving to do his duties. Kirigiya sighed before returning to business.

~~~~

Izuna had gathered the two shinigami and they made their way to the nearest Senkaimon, the order had been given to retreat and as such she had to abide. She hoped they made it in time, after all she didn't want either Yumiko or Eliyah to get hurt despite her disdain for the heartless boy she still didn't want him to die, she wasn't that kind of person. One could only hope they all made it back and once there she would watch the others, waiting for them.

Anonymous

606#words

#tier2-1
#Luke

©2013 caliburn
Luke scowled as Katherine stabbed Graven, causing the prima espada to look in shock before collapsing to the ground, appearing dead. Even though Luke didn't like this, he knew that Graven wouldn't have backed down till Dante was dead. The woman then turned to him with disgust, saying that he had killed many hollows, at least, that what he presumed she meant by her words and that he should never return to the sands of hueco mundo again.

"I've never killed hollows in hatred, for me, when you really think about it; hollows were once people too, loosing their heart to the darkness that consumes them, so for me, I'm being merciful and setting their souls to be free from their pain, but I take no joy or pleasure from such deeds if that's what you are implying. I warn you, Dante cannot be trusted while he still lives and forcing us to remain out of hueco mundo is a unwise decision, so I cannot promise that I can stay away forever, but until we meet again, goodbye, Queen of the east," Luke told her coldly; he was exhausted and in his current condition, he wouldn't be able to fight her to his fullest, which he could do if he was at full strength, but it was unwise to try to argue against someone with the upper hand, so he turned and reluctantly left, walking over the ruins of the beaten and battered rubble that once was a castle and the mountains of the southern kingdom before disappearing using his flash step, appearing at the bottom of the mountain range when he got a call on his soul pager and answered it to hear Meiyo's voice on it.

"Captain Yasenha, full retreat is in effect, disengage and pull your men out by the order of the head captain, you've lost too many of your squad members to continue, there is a senkaimon near your lieutenant's position, take it and leave, over and out," Meiyo informed Luke before cutting the call. Luke scowled, this was far from over and he felt something he hadn't felt in a while; his right hand started to hurt and Luke looked to see that his hand had changed back to its infected state with black scales forming over his hand, his fingernails in a claw shape. Luke grunted and found the body of one of his squad members. Luke felt sick, but he knew that he couldn't have the others seeing this, so he torn the uniform and wrapped his hand up in it before making his way to the senkaimon, just after Izuna had passed through it and reemerged in the seireitei. Luke saw a squad four member come over to see if he was in need of medical attention, but he shook his head, despite the boy pointing to his wrapped up hand. Luke told him to leave him be and tend to the wounded before heading to his barracks, taking off the makeshift bandage and put on his black horse ridding gloves to once again cover the infection.

"Damn it, its back and worse then ever, what happened to me out there? I shouldn't have lost control like this, if this keeps up, I'm not sure what will happen, but it won't be good, but I'm so tired, I feel like I could just fall..." Luke said, his words starting to slow before he eventually fell asleep in his captain's chair, the battle and the war that had passed had taken its toll on him and he was thankful for the darkness of slumber's cold embrace take him...

((Exit thread))
technique log

N/A

Saelien

Saelien
Saelien's attention was torn away from the skies as a presence rushed towards him, screaming all the while. He turned to face his new assailant, both swords now in hand, noting that this one was in her release form already. A victor of another battle, perhaps? It mattered not. She was clearly furious, and in that fury she betrayed the depths of her power and it, like the fox frozen in the ice below, would not be enough. But perhaps she would last a little longer. He did not move, for he did not have to. Anyone willing to approach him could face the natural consequences.

Yet...something was off. Barely noticeable - certainly not to this enraged soul - there was a ripple in the air, a bending of the light. Even Saelien's eyes wanted to slide over that fact and ignore it, but he knew what it meant. It was impressive, to say the least. He couldn't sense anything at all from behind whatever shroud it was that the new arrival wore...but they revealed themselves appropriately dramatically. Two cuts and a short quip, and the potential assailant was lying on the ground bleeding out, whilst an unfamiliar face stood before Saelien.

Unfamiliar, yet it was simply a different face to one he had once known, hidden behind a mask. Saelien smiled and lowered his blades, stepping over to the fallen arrancar. She would live ever so slightly longer due to the cold aura, but Saelien believed such a wound would give her minutes at most.

"Likewise, Cassandra. You've come a long way since we last met."

She had been one of the first to join him all those years ago, as the legend of the Cold Lord was beginning to rise. Only a hollow back then, but Saelien appreciated the cunning and ruthlessness she displayed, valuable traits for his work. Such potential, and some of it realised now. She had left, like many others, and had chosen to join with Katherine. He had let her go - often he killed those that left, but he had been curious to see what would become of Cassandra, and here they were now.

An interesting development indeed.

"I hope you are not here to fight. It would be a terrible waste and besides..."

Saelien motioned to the castle with one sword, as a cloud of shadow descended from above.

"You may wish to return to your Queen for now."

As men and women gave their lives on the sands below, power sailed through the sky, unnoticed. Against the night sky, darkness was difficult to see, and a shadow on the heavens was of no importance to souls fighting for justice, fighting for lust, fighting for what they believed in but most of all, fighting. So it was that the shadow reached above the castle of a former king, hanging there for a few moments, blocking the very light of the moon. And then it fell.

Katherine had descended as a pillar of light, blinding all those nearby. The new arrival did not show itself in the same manner. Shifting shadows cascaded over the castle, splashing to the floors and seeping through cracks, twisting and searching. Those left alive in the castle reacted differently as darkness entered their world - some ran from the dark, and others stood and fought, swinging swords pointlessly against amorphous mist. The shadow touched them and raced past, satisfied to simply observe. Weaklings, trash, barely worth noting for the most part.

Powers gathered at the top, some strong indeed. Souls caged below, arrancar and shinigami, crying for release. The shadow saw them all, and thus it was that Seach saw the layout and occupants of the castle as if with his own eyes as he set foot upon it, body wreathed so heavily in his shadows that one could not perceive the particular sack of flesh he wore for the occasion. And what an occasion it was. A day to go down in history. A tale of vengeance turned sour. He had come here expecting to personally finish off two weakened armies and had instead found a third, a complication.

It would not stop him.

Shadows danced around Seach, wisps of dark rising from his form like smoke as he walked forward, moving towards the fallen Primera, the defeated Blood Wraith, and the shining Queen and her guards. He cared little for these people. He knew them, of course, but they knew not of he, except by frightened whispers. 'The Shadow that Is', they called him, by his own will and intent. And it was not often that Seach came personally to see his will be done.

There was a prize worth stepping into the light for here.

Some of the dark surrounding him jettisoned off, revealing at least a face, corpse like in complexion. He had seized this one a few days ago, and it would not last much longer.

Perfect, really.

"I thought I would come and view the death of empires."

Shadows continued their search through the castle, searching for the most valuable treasure. The show here was a distraction from the main act.

"Kingless Queen, Katherine. Are you here for the slaughter, or something more?"

D'gerik Blackheart

D'gerik Blackheart
D'GERIK BLACKHEART; 3-2
As the furies spoke, as the shinigami decided that they would survive in exchange for being watched, D'gerik was far too distracted. He had not yet even begun to fight in this war, yet he had felt a pain greater than any he had ever felt before. Or perhaps he had felt it before? Yes... long ago.. when he was still alive. It was the feeling of loss. The rush of emotions that shot through him was nothing short of intense and extreme. There was no doubt about it. Iota... was dead, Lambda, was dying... He had only two left now, and he wasn't even certain he could protect them. As the chains of the young shinigami's hado were broken, he could still not bare to move. He felt such ire, pure blinding fury. But he had to move.

He felt it coming, it was as if his senses had become so much sharper, wherever his rapidly increasing spiritual pressure reached with it's thick, visible grasp, everything was so clear. His trance only broke when lightning struck around him. The ground fused with itself, melting the sand together. The entire time these events transpired he stood still, mourning the loss of two of the only companions he had held close in centuries, two of the only four people who shared his empathy, and his desire to be free. Now they will never get that chance.... This thought alone pained him more than anything else... and more fury...

But clearly this was not the time to mourn. The two newcomers were threatening Mú and Tau and their words triggered him. They planned to kill Mú and Tau as well. Was it instinct? Was it his anger? His determination? Some combination of the three? Whatever the case, D'gerik moved faster now than he ever had before. A sonido with such intensity that not even the dust around him could keep up. He took Mú and Tau, and dashed out of harm's way in the blink of an eye. He turned to the two arrancar now as the shinigami behind him retreated.

"I have just lost, one of my four closest companions... and another is not long for this world..." He started as his reiatsu began to intensify again, leaking out as a thick, visible, purple shroud, and his gaze made only so much more menacing by that helm, glowing blue in resonance to his reiatsu. He continued, his voice so violently distorted by the same helm. "And if you believe for one, SINGLE, second that I will allow you to take another... You will regret the nanosecond you laid eyes on them!"

As if on cue a third figure appeared, one who stopped another oncoming attack. The Segunda Espada, for whatever reason, had defended and graced them with his presence. But something was off... He looked different, FELT different. It was nothing like what he remembered from vague appearances or memories of spiritual pressure.

In the end it didn't matter. The Segunda spoke, and D'gerik half listened, and half ignored. He continued the order Kuroi had called. "Mú... Tau... By my order as the Horseman of Pestilence, I deem you free of the beast known as Dante... Listen to me, girls. Do as he says, make your way to Las Noches. You will be safe there... When this is over, I will... confirm the state of being regarding Lambda.... Iota is dead..." D'gerik turned his gaze to the girls, intending to make certain his message passed as clear as glass. "Do not turn back... Do not look back, just run... I will be there soon.."

And so D'gerik turned back. Daring to approach the Segunda Espada, barely able to do so almost exclusively from being so used to standing around Dante so often. But Kuroi was not his target... Nay, his targets were the two Arrancar who threatened his few remaining friends. He drew his own Zanpakuto, fittingly a nodachi as well. His own reiatsu shroud was absolutely dwarfed by the Segunda's, but it mattered little to him. He spoke once more;

"You and I have not been properly introduced, Segunda Espada, Shingetsu, Kuroi. My name is D'gerik Blackheart, former Horseman of Pestilence... These children have threatened my comrades, therefore I have elected the following; I must remain on this battlefield until I can confirm the victor, for the sake of my kin. Therefore, if these arrancar who seek you are your opponents, then they are mine as well. I won't get in your way, but I'll be sure to put their blind spots to your blade..."

Would Kuroi accept this assist? It clearly wasn't necessary. But D'gerik seemed adamant. The young Vasto Lorde who detested the thought of battle had officially been triggered, and had no longer any intention on showing mercy to someone force on him as an opponent...

- Notes (Hover)

Words (Total): 809 (2358)
OOC: Sorry for having missed my last post, my email didn't warn me! I hope what I've written is alright, I was unsure whether or not D'gerik would be able to identify Kuroi in his current state. I assumed yes based on the fact that he showed himself physically and D'gerik would most likely know him based off of notoriety alone.

©2014 caliburn

Erida Seika

Erida Seika

©2013 kaitou
Cassandra, the most venomous of the Roses, looked at Saelien, somewhat amused at his question. Was she here to fight him? If so, why had she cut down the fierce assailant for the old friend? Her hair floated in the windless desert, as if like sentient snakes, and a reply came to her lips quickly. "You're not on the shape you used to be, Saelien. I am afraid a battle between use would be terribly dull." She said, a questioning tone hidden beneath the direct statement. Where had he been for the past years? What had happened to his powers? Cassandra was intrigued by how he would respond and how he could be still alive.

A smirk appeared on her face and a dangerous look crept into her eyes, as she continued. "I have orders to kill anyone left alive. But you... The Cold Lord is certainly not an anyone." The compliment was seductive, in the same manner, that a devil would attempt to tempt an angel. He was well-aware, that Cassandra was not the one to follow orders, that didn't contribute to her personal interests - and right now, one of her interests was Saelien. Killing him would have been a buzzkill. But to see what he made of himself again sounded thrilling.

The arrancar would point out her desire to return to the Queen of Hearts, pointing at the throne room at afar. When the shadows descended to the citadel, Cassandra was surprised, but wouldn't show it to Saelien. Her expression turned from a mischievous smirk to feigned curiosity, as if she didn't already know what it meant. None of the Roses, aside from her, would recognize the name of Seach Taraign. The Shadow That Is. But Cassandra was more studious, and far more intelligent than any of them. Judging from Saelien's face, he too, understood what the shadow meant. "I am wiser than to face the shadow by myself," She said.

"I hope you've arrived to the same conclusion. I will look forward to encountering you again, Saelien." And with that, the green-haired arrancar was gone, disappearing into the thin veil of air, from where she had first appeared.

Both of the Roses looked at Kuroi, dumbfounded. They looked at each other, and their lips curved into a crazed smile, as if he had just challenged them to a fight, instead of offering them a peaceful option of leaving. The Segunda was just whom they were looking for. Both of them were pretty sure, that Katherine would be pleased to see the right hand man of Graven with his head cut off, and when she was pleased, she would lavish them with her attention and praise. Adelita was getting pumped up by the thought of getting to fight this guy, who had covered himself in shadows and protected his allies from Dora's attack. "Ooh, just whom we were looking to run into! The queen has put a bounty on your head and I am here to collect it!" She would say, in a childishly cheerful tone, one that didn't quite fit with the murderous content of her speech.

Adelita would twist her longsword, causing two large spikes of bedrock to emerge from the ground in an instant, one from behind Kuroi and one from the front. While her powers were similar to those of Lambda, whom Kuroi had fought earlier, they were much more developed and destructive, when compared to the youthful and defensive abilities of the fury commander. If successful, the force of the two spikes would be enough to cut the Segunda in two, as both of them were aimed at his guts. Adelita wasn't stupid, and knew he could probably dodge - her strategy was to force him to move and outmaneuver him, since he was still above their level of power.

Meanwhile, the shinigami took on the opportunity and began their retreat, that was ordered by the captain commander. Eliyah barely looked back, and as soon as Kuroi shouted at them to leave the fight to him, he ran after Izuna. He was glad to take off from a place like Hueco Mundo, the barren motherland of the hollow species. Yumiko, in the other hand, had some trouble keeping up with the two higher-ranked officers. Without any warning, a painful, crackling sound appeared out of nowhere, and a surge of purple electricity devoured the younger girl. From afar, she saw her captain enter the scene and pass through the Senkaimon gate - she could have sworn there was a 'no' escaping Izuna's lips, but in that moment, nothing seemed real. The force of the purple-tinted blast of energy threw her like she was made out of air, and Yumiko could feel tears falling down her burnt skin. Eliyah showed no sympathy or pity for her agonizing death.

Instead, the third seat pushed the vice captain, who'd attempt to get back to retrieve her, through the Senkaimon. "Let her go," He said in a cruel, cold voice, that would feed on the guilt of the female. "She's already dead." And by the time, that he had said it, it was already too late for Izuna to get back there. Dora, the originator of the purple lightning, had appeared in front of the Senkaimon, with her spear pointing at the gate. A blast would emerge from it, but Eliyah's palm would force the rift in the space to close, and by the the time the lightning would have passed the gate, the Senkaimon was gone.

"Tau, I don't think I can carry you for much longer." Mú spoke carefully, after they had evaded their capture and acted on the opportunity of escaping from the grip of Espada. Tau could barely walk, so the redhead had to carry her, which was greatly tiring her out. But the weight of Lambda's and Iota's deaths on her shoulders was much heavier than the blue-haired girl. A strange concern for whenever D'gerik survived or not had been awakened in her heart too. The blue-haired arrancar nodded at her words, and let her grip on Mú's shoulder loosen, leading her gently falling to the wall behind them, before sliding to the ground. The redhead collapsed next to her, and for a moment, they were both silent. It was Tau, who leaned in to kiss Mú on her lips, to comfort her lover and to ease her own mind.

"Mú, I am, so so sorry." Tau whispered in her ear, in a desperate, cracking voice. "It's all my fault. They're all dead because of me." Even if her words did not make sense, Mú could understand what she meant. Tau hadn't caused their deaths, but she could neither have done something to prevent them from happening. Mú let the blue-haired girl suppress her cries into her shoulder, and after a while, she managed to sob a question; "What are we going to do now?" And the redhead couldn't answer her question. There was no liberation, no future, as Tau had previously said. No purpose. No existence. "We'll stay together. Espada, Dante or whoever we come to fight for, it doesn't really matter if we're together, does it?" Mú would finally say. "I guess it doesn't." Tau replied.

Katherine had listened to the priggish speech of the shinigami captain, each second of which had made her regret her decision to let him walk away - but removing his head from his shoulders, after having given him a chance to go, would have been too brutal and aggressive for her elegant reputation. She glanced at the dying Graven, who was no longer conscious, and thought how gracefully the dagger had slid in and out of his guts. Now, that had been elegant. The shinigami left, probably realizing every second he spoke reduced his odds of survival, and the Queen of Hearts was left along with the defeated Blood Wraith.

Just as she was about to do what she had promised, and torture the rapist king to death, Katherine felt a strange presence. The clouds, that looked like shadows, were whispering of the arrival of something concerning. Something ancient. Something malice. Then the shadows opened, revealing a greater darkness from within, and that something streamed down from the skies. It, the darkness, was not gaseous or liquid, for it had no form - it was made out of nothingness. It was not a shadow, because shadows were the absence of light, and this thing made the light itself escape the battlefield, screaming in horror.

Seach Taraign. Katherine's face was expressionless, desperate to show no surprise or fear in the face of his shadows, but she wanted to let her jaw drop. No one had seen him in what had surely been a thousand years, not since he had crawled under the barren sands of Imhuvlt. Dante, though she would not look at him, was paralyzed from fear at the appearance of this demon, but he had not lived the years Katherine had, and knew not of who this thing was. The queen's pupils dilated slightly, when a desiccated, dead face was revealed from the cover of deep darkness, and an even darker voice would address her. Kingless Queen, Katherine. The shadow's words made her feel pathetic and her light dimmed.

Carefully, she responded to Seach's question. "I think we both know the answer to that." Anger and adrenaline were overthrowing the feeling of weakness and insecurity, and the Queen of Hearts would begin to shine with intensity as great as she had, when she had arrived on the battlefield. "There's something in the possession of the Blood Wraith, that we both want, and which only one of us will be able to hold." And with her sentence, a race was given birth to. Katherine was ready to cast Seach's shadows away from her immediate proximity, but knew, that the Lord of Imhuvlt was here to search for the Heart and observe the fall of Espada and Army of the Blood, not to challenge her. "Now, I happen to know, that Dante here hid it somewhere safe, and that he's probably the only one with the knowledge of it's location." Katherine said, with her right eye securing Dante's motionlessness and left ready to react to the shadow.

Neither of them was going to find nothing from the castle, she had already deduced. The Blood Wraith had kept it hidden for many centuries now, probably with the use of other artifacts, that he had collected. His head, in the other hand, would hold the information, that they both needed and wanted. Killing him wasn't an option anymore, not if Seach would absorb his soul and link Dante into his reincarnation cycle - which would mean, that he'd have access to his memories. A plan started to work out in her mind. The Queen of Hearts bit her lip at the difficult choice she was about to make; Katherine could let Seach take him, but she couldn't let him have those pieces of information, even if it meant she couldn't have them either.  

"Incinerate him," Katherine whispered. Her most trusted servant, Emilía, who had retrieved Annora and Alyss, both now lying on the shoulders of Amara, would nod, even with walls between them. In an instant, Dante's brain would feel like it was being fried, and the Blood Wraith began to scream in agony. The psychic was burning away his memories, selecting those that could prove useful to Seach's search of the Heart, and leaving Dante's soul and memories looking like a piece of paper, that a cigarette has burnt holes into. Katherine was regretting her choice already, knowing there was no way of retrieving those memories anymore and that Emilía couldn't read the memories she was burning away with her unseen flames. Eventually, Dante was left lying on the ground, silent tears falling down his face, but no shrieks despite the hell he was still in. "You don't deserve death, Dante." Katherine said, spitting on his nearly unconscious body.

The Queen turned her head back to the Shadow.

Kuroi

Kuroi
Kuroi watched the girls before him, the Roses of Katherine's army. D'gerik had disobeyed his order to everyone to leave it was incredibly annoying. The Segunda knew he couldn't fight these girls with this distraction in the way, the arrancar was weak and wouldn't even be able to perceive what was happening let alone be of any help. "I said leave! You idiot, you can still save Lambda so stop acting on vengeance and go help her you idiot. You speak of avenging a dead person, get out of here now and take her with you." Kuroi ordered, D'gerik better have listened since the fighting had just began with Adelita going on about taking his head to Katherine. "Arrogant Bitch...You think you possess enough power to beat me?" he said without emotion, he felt that old friend. The thought of a good battle had brought out his desire for blood, this woman would bleed before this battle ends.

He noticed the shinigami flee and the Rose called Dora take after them, while she chased the shinigami to the Senkaimon he would gather his reiatsu in his hand to use his Cero Oscuros on her, however it would be imperceptible since it was surrounded by his power and sheer strength. He used sonido to move into the sky, after all the woman could use Earthquakes so he assumed it was similar to Lambda's and it was proven as Kuroi felt a small gash open up along his back from a spike. It was weak though, his superior speed and instincts would give him the upper hand. He looked down at her about ten meters in the air, although he also assumed she had the ability to manipulate earth and levitate it. This caused him to decide on his next action, he would release his reiatsu, all of it. He was no longer holding it in and the surrounding area would fill with the darkness so it was impossible to see although Kuroi could easily see, it was his reiatsu after all which also made reikaku impossible due to his reiatsu being all around he and Adelita. Starting this fight off with a bang he would appear next to her, although she would only hear a faint sound that seemed to echo all around her as he brought a umbrakinetic sword down upon her left shoulder aiming to heavily damage it.

~~~

Izuna was at the Senkaimon when she saw Yumiko get struck by Dora's purple lightning, she tried to move, to go get her or do anything however Eliyah intervened by saying she was dead and dragged her through the Senkaimon much to her anger, guilt and sadness. When they appeared in front of the main Senkaimon and Eliyah closed it she lashed out violently and angry, she didn't know why she was angry to be honest whether it was the guilt at the fact she had left Yumiko there, the anger at Eliyah making that choice or whatever else but she lashed out and would slap him. Real hard. In her rage and with her being unpredictable but the element of surprise as well should've allowed it to hit as well as being higher in power. If the attack connected then Eliyah would find himself sent flying across the stone area, "HOW DARE YOU! YOU LEFT HER THERE!" she said although tears formed in her eyes, she used Seipo to pounce on him although she would be violently torn off by Captains Koga Shihoin and Hanae Hitohana.

She struggled a bit in the kido bindings of Hanae, left to weep and cool off from her outburst. When she had finally finished and settled down to simply go limp and look blankly at the world. She felt guilt, so much guilt. She could've gone back, fought Dora or even helped Yumiko to the Senkaimon. She looked at Eliyah, a look of anger and disgust at the way he could leave people like that, why did she see so much of what she used to be in him, a cold and merciless being. With that she was taken by Koga to the Squad Three barracks and left to rest in her room. With that everything just seemed to return to something close to normal around the Senkaimon.

(Izuna exit thread)

Saelien

Saelien
Playful words aplenty, words that locked them in a dance as surely as any movement. Ah, neither wanted the other dead, not here, not now, and both had the sense to hold to their intentions. Saelien did smile at being called dull - his powers were not what they once were, and the one responsible was now so near. Yet even so, he doubted even the strong would find him a dull enemy, and Cassandra was only beginning to see the heights of strength. All the same, he was happy there would be no confrontation here.

"Careful there, Cassandra. You'll have me thinking there's something beyond that smile."

Yes, they were both good at smiles that were more predatory than friendly. One would be a fool to trust a serpent, even if it walked in human flesh - perhaps especially so if it did - but acknowledge, respect, even like...those were acceptable enough.

"All would be wise to avoid that abomination for now. But it's time will come. You'll know where to find me, Cassandra. I'll see you soon."

As the green haired arrancar vanished once more, Saelien approached the frozen remains of the biomech he had previously defeated, opening a garganta behind it. With a push, it fell through, and with a smile, the Cold Lord took his leave from the battlefield.

The baleful gaze of Seach Taraign fell upon the cowering Blood Wraith, and Seach frowned. This was all that the one called Dante had managed to make for himself? A shattered army, a shattered castle, a shattered body and shattered dreams? A shame. A rising name on the winds of the sands, snuffed out like a candle before the infinite dark like so many that came before him. Seach had marked him as one with potential. Now he was not so sure. Perhaps he would pull him free from the shadow when he was done with him. Perhaps not. He had not made his decision yet.

That gaze then fell upon the Queen, looking past clothes and skin and blood and bone to the stuff that truly mattered. Matters of the flesh were an interest of Larypt and the other Eternals - Seach had no time for it. He could see beauty, but as sculpture, as art. Fine suits to be worn. The Queen had spoken of what Seach desired, what he sought above the souls of all gathered here and the fact she held that knowledge, the fact she gave it away so freely, spoke to Seach of barely veiled defiance. That would not do.

"There should be no conflict. Return to your Kingdom. Rule your subjects. Forget the dark beyond the night sky, as all do."

But the Queen did not seem to heed his advice. She shone, as if to scatter his shadows, but they writhed like angered serpents, backing away from the radiant being but steadily, cautiously. They could not be forced, just as Seach could not be forced. They simply saw too much. The light did not just touch Seach's eyes, after all. They touched a million eyes through the blanket of dark, and he grimaced from the sight.

A whisper, heard faintly, yet heard well enough. The screaming Blood Wraith told a tale missing it's beginning, but with an end already written. Why did he scream? Why did he toss and turn and cry in pain? What had the Queen done? These were all fine questions, but Seach didn't really need the answer. It seemed that a path had been set.

"Walk then, Kingless Queen. If you have taken something from me today, if you have set yourself in my path, then you know what follows. Subjects. Sycophants. Allies. Friends. Lovers. All things in the Hueco Mundo. All things under darkness."

He looked down once more at the Blood Wraith, and then to the other arrancar, bleeding out on the ground...and then he smiled. It bore all the hope of an opening grave.

"The Queen has heard the rumours, little ones. Death need not be the end. The thought does not comfort her. Shall we show her? Stand now, or walk beside me forever."

D'gerik Blackheart

D'gerik Blackheart
D'GERIK BLACKHEART; 3-2
Even when he was finally bent on fighting, he was pushed away. He did not realize just yet, but he had been done a favor. After all, Kuroi was far more powerful than he. Even if he was confident in his abilities to outrun the two arrancar, he wasn't even remotely able to fight them. And so, in his pained rage he let out a mighty roar, backed by what was the clear hiss of a snake echoing across the sands.

He remained silent for naught but a few moments. He shot a gaze towards Kuroi, knowing that words could not be exchanged during this battle, and that he would have to apologize later. The arrancar sheathed his blade, turning around before practically banishing with his sonido, assuming his opponents weren't looking for him past the cloud of dust he let up.

As D'gerik moved, he paid attention. Looking to see if the whatever it was that Kuroi had fired hit the arrancar from behind. If it connected, he would proceed to move the shinigami's body away from the battle, well hidden before checking her for any signs of life. If not, he would have to come back to the youngling at a later date. Regardless of whether he carried her with him, he made his way to his companions, finding them crying together behind a wall, embracing. A touching scene, but now was not the time. He looked to the two and spoke. "Slight change of plans, girls... we turn around, and retrieve Lambda and Iota... Dead or not, they do not deserve to be left anywhere near the grave of that pig..." He said, referring to Dante. I know you two are stronger than this, so come. You may grieve later."

Such was the final step in this battle. Retrieve the fallen, and escape. D'gerik waited for them, ushering them on to find what little strength they had left--his helm still masking his true appearance and voice, glowing blue on the night of a red moon...

- Notes (Hover)

Words (Total): 339 (2695)
OOC: Until the doubt is answered, my posts will assume that the Cero Oscuras did not make contact. If it did, however, then assume for all intents and purposes that one of the girls will carry the shinigami, regardless of whether she is alive or dead.

©2014 caliburn

Erida Seika

Erida Seika

©2013 kaitou
The pain had long passed, but Dante still lied in the ground, motionless and soundless. There was no controlling flames, when used as means of destruction, and he was a testament of this fact. His memories and thoughts were scarred and fragmented, most of what was inside his head burnt into nothingness - his will to fight, the urge to slaughter and torture, the need to stand up to show he was not defeated, all gone. But this was no death.

This was rebirth, ascension and enlightenment.

Without rage to blur his sight, Dante understood the enigmatic words of the shadowy figure - he could grasp a distant memory of an old legend he had once heard, and link it together with the name of Seach. Katherine turned her head away, ignoring the possibility, that something was left of Dante. She was underestimating him, and strangely, it didn't arouse anger in him - it was an advantage. His void gaze was set on the shadows, that he was lying on. 'Stand now, or walk beside me forever,' Seach had offered. His hand crept to his chest, and not a single breath or sound was let out. Swiftly, his hand dived into his own flesh, a barely noticeable grunt left out. Oh, it hurt like hell, but Dante simply didn't care about pain. It was below him.

When Katherine reacted to it and turned her gaze back to him, Dante's fist had closed around his own heart. A violent pull was followed by an euphoric feeling of victory, instead of pain. The Queen couldn't do anything but watch, as the Blood Wraith tore out his own heart and raised it to the air. From the hole on his chest, blood flowed like a fountain. Soon, his raised hand fell down, and the heart rolled a few times, before stopping. Life had escaped Dante's body. But this was only a beginning for him.

In a desperate attempt to prevent the cruel king from achieving immortality, the Queen's light extended over him, chasing away the shadows, that had been below him. But Katherine already knew it was too late. Whoever died over the shadow, would be bound to it. Forever. She gritted her teeth in disappointment for her own slowness and stupidity, before her own light would devour her. A pillar of light rose through the skies, blinding the throne room for a moment. Smaller pillars appeared where Emilía and Amara were. Just like she had appeared, she was gone.

"Arrogant Bitch...You think you possess enough power to beat me?" Kuroi shouted at Adelita's remark. She giggled and nodded. To be honest, she wasn't worried about getting injured. However, when he dodged her attack and arose to the skies, she could barely follow his movements. Cero Oscuros was unleashed at Dora's direction, prompting Adelita to swing her sword at her direction, causing a mountain to rise from the ground to protect her. It would catch the attention of the vain Rose, and while it couldn't protect her, it slowed down the cero, which destroyed the rocky structure, allowing her to move out of the way of the harm.

Then, everything turned black. Adelita couldn't see Kuroi coming at her, until his dark blade hit her shoulder with full force. She was on the same level as he was, when it came to defense, and thus, all his blade did was leave a nasty looking cut in her heavy armoring. If it wasn't for her shielding Resurreccion form, her hand would have been cut off. Now, the Segunda had made a grave mistake, by letting her know of his exact location - even with the darkness, she wouldn't need her eyes to return his favor. In an instant, he would be devoured by a thick shell of stone, something he couldn't destroy with his mere strength, Adelita calculated. The shell broke down upon him, leaving crushing weight above him, which was supposed to hold him down.

Both of the Roses moved away from the Segunda's location, and his darkness dispersed. Katherine's light had pierced it. "Noooot yeeet!" Adelita protested, but the light already swirled around her. "Kuroi Shingetsu, do not forget me! I will come back to claim that head of yours." She would yell from the top of her lungs, before a pillar of light picked both her and Dora out of the battlefield. And with that they were gone.

Lambda's hands were bound around her throat, trying to keep the heavily bleeding wound from killing her. Her vocal chords were crushed, and all calls for help she tried to make sounded like primal grunts and gargling. She was drifting between two choices - one of death and one of survival, the latter of which seemed slim. Tears had washed away her Resurreccion, wen, Mú and D'gerik, the horseman of pestilence appeared. Tau followed them, carrying a shinigami on her shoulders. All of them looked worn out. Thinking she was hallucinating, the commander of Furies fell into blissful sleep, and her hands fell away from her throat. Mú would rush to help her. "Lambda, hold on, we can't let you die now, not yet." The redhead placed her own hands on the wound.

Tau would place the shinigami on the ground, but before she could get to help Lambda, the petite girl would open her eyes and grasp for air. Yumiko's eyes were fully hollowfied, and her injuries had began to heal, whilst Tau had carried her. She raised herself up in confusion, and looked around, not sure of what had happened. Her eyes set on Mú, who was trying to keep Lambda alive. Disoriented, she took a dizzy step forward, tearing away her obi and then rushing to Mú's side. "Here." She managed to say, unsure of what she was doing, helping the dying arrancar being the only thing on her mind. She would place the piece of cloth in a pressure bandage, that would do for now. Both of the arrancars stared her, doubtful of her intentions.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum