Bleach Story RPG
Hello, guest!

Welcome to Bleach Story. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. If you are not already a member, please REGISTER. If you are a lucky member, then please log in below.

Thank you.
Welcome to Bleach Story RPG
A Bleach RPG Forum for beginners and veterans, where you can create your own RP character, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1[Private] According to Cake Empty [Private] According to Cake Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:31 pm

Alysstrasza

Alysstrasza
Sitting in her chair at her desk, Rena Lisola, the Captain of the Fifth Division within the Gotei, would find that her paperwork was already done, neatly organized, and put away. In fact her entire office was cleaned, more than normal, whenever she decided to show up! Instead of her sitting in her own chair, it was in fact her Lieutenant sitting there, one Gaspard Arpeggio, napping in Rena's chair at her desk. The only thing in the entire room out of place was likely a bit of drool coming from Gaspard's open mouth as he loudly snored in the Captain's chair.

Gaspard snorted himself awake as he glanced around the empty room, wiping his chin off as he realized Rena still wasn't back from training the new recruits, so he laid his head back down and promptly fell back asleep. Maybe if he was lucky she'd wake him up with a cup of tea ready! Not that that had ever happened before... or was ever going to happen... but a man could dream!

He wasn't really a dreamer, so despite his napping in his Captain's office he wasn't actually dreaming about anything in particular. His mind was empty, vacant, ready to react to anything that happened at a moment's notice.

#2[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:39 pm

Rena

Rena
Rena was notoriously late for anything division related because she was generally too busy with her own regiment of daily chores and activities such as training! Push-ups, sit-ups, and plenty of juice! The true path to power. Yeah. Anyways after doing this morning ritual for the billionth time in her career as a Shinigami of the Gotei, Rena showed up at her office for once, only like 20 minutes later than supposed to. A new record!

Only to find her vice-captain Gaspard asleep in her chair. She hadn't even realized the place was spotless yet or that her paperwork was done, because Gaspard was asleep in her chair, using her god damn Haori as a blanket, AGAIN. She snatched her jacket off him as she reached across the desk faster than the wind, slinging it over her shoulder in the same motion before clapping her other hand firmly on top of the desk itself.

"Gaspard what have I told you about touching my Haori! hundreds? Thousands of times now? I get yelled at enough for not always wearing the damn thing and I don't want the old men lecturing me over it having been handled by someone other than me." having yelled at her subordinate she started putting the haori on, after making sure it wasn't dirtied by his drool or anything. Sufficiently pleased that it seemed unsullied she finished putting it on completely.

"Besides there are barracks right around the damn corner. Do you have to sleep IN my chair?"

#3[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:10 pm

Alysstrasza

Alysstrasza
As the warmth was snatched away from him he jerked awake, his head reflexively moving away from the approaching reiatsu of his Captain's palm slamming down onto her desk with a smile on his face as she immediately began yelling at him. As he wasn't a dreamer, he was a relatively light sleeper, and while Rena was fast this wasn't the first time he'd been in this situation so his reflexes kicked in more than actual reaction to her speed.

"Sorry Lisola-Taichou! I finished all the paperwork and only intended to lay down for a moment- I was sure I'd wake up before you got here!" He knew that was beside her point, but also knew that he needed to hurry up and answer with something so he could get out of her chair and get over to making some tea for the both of them.

He always found it funny how him and his Captain were the exact opposite on their tea preference: while she liked it dark and sweet, he liked his light and bitter. A splash of cream in his cup and three sugars in hers, he waited for the tea to brew while he turned and bowed to Rena.

"I am sorry, Lisola-Taichou. I know I shouldn't use the Haori, but it's so thick and cozy... I wish I could afford one of the mock ones at the store, but they're so expensive; two years' salary! I can't imagine how much a REAL one costs." Captains were given them for free, repaired when necessary and newly made when necessary, so the actual costs were known only to the first division most likely, but it certainly explained why they were so stingy about people touching them. The tea finished brewing as Gaspard poured out their cups of tea and handed his Captain hers as he inhaled the aroma of his own before taking a sip of it.

#4[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:23 pm

Rena

Rena
"That isn't the point.." She said flatly as he defended himself with a lame excuse, "Besides it's MY chair.. get yer own?" She moved to her chair and sat in it herself this time since Gaspard finally got up and around to begin making some tea, "For that matter get your own Haori. You could have trained for your bankai by now if you wanted to. You slack off because it's way easier to not have one." she looked through the pile of paperwork on her desk, mostly to make sure she didn't actually have to care about any of it, but it was thoroughly documented and finished up already so she set most of it back down where it had been.

as Gaspard offered her some tea she didn't even savor it for once, instead choosing to gulp the entire cup in one go, she was busy thinking about the academy trainee's of the current era and wondered out loud, "When's the fresh meat gonna join the grinder anyways.. It feels like it's been forever since anything new happened in Soul Society. Can't tell if that's good or a foreboding omen for the coming future."

She looked at another set of papers this time from some paperwork she had brought herself when she arrived, in fact these papers were the whole reason she had rushed in. They were the request for additional members come the next graduation ceremony of cadets. While they weren't lacking in available shinigami overall, the division Rena was in charge in was far less staffed with Talent than others right now. Gaspard being the basically only prodigy of the entire division right now hence his position as her second in command.

"They'd better not screw us again. I'm tired of being the least staffed division.." she complained as she glanced over at Gaspard, "What do you think about getting new blood around here?"

#5[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:47 pm

Alysstrasza

Alysstrasza
Get his own chair huh? For her office? He felt like that would still get him yelled at, but she was right and they both knew it. He could have trained for bankai at any time, but didn't want the hassle it brought with it. She lazily looked over her paperwork, but satisfied with its completion she put it back and awaited her tea, which was gone in the time it took Gaspard to inhale the aroma. A few moments later, Gaspard would listen to her question and contemplate an answer, but he knew his Captain well enough to know when she was being rhetorical and not to actually answer her. Instead he simply sipped at his tea slowly and quietly, thinking, until she actually looked at him and asked him his opinion directly.

"I think it'd be nice to not have to do all the paperwork, but that's just because you're always late, Captain. Fresh blood would be nice though, most of our division are so stressed." He shrugged softly and leaned back in his chair, the katana at his hip shifting as he moved, debating on how he'd go about the rest of his day. Suddenly he began to blink as though stumped; he truthfully couldn't remember the last time him and his Captain had gone head to head in any type of competition, friendly or otherwise, and that upset him slightly. He enjoyed having a relatively jovial relationship with his Captain and the rest of his squad, but the rest of them were always so busy he couldn't get them to play games typically, and were usually too tired to spar efficiently against the Vice Captain of the Division. The badge signifying such was proudly worn around his right bicep, as opposed to the usual left, simply because that was the arm he defended more often and he didn't want damage to come to it. "Say, Captain . . . when was the last time we sparred? It feels like its been years and years since we crossed blades, or fists, or anything really. Are we that understaffed?"

#6[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:09 am

Rena

Rena
Rena nodded as he mentioned new blood would be handy, then he asked when the last time they spared was and she stopped moving at all as you could tell her entire brain was focused on trying to find the answer to that question. After ten seconds of solid thinking, she was laughed and shook her head, "It's been almost four years.. we fought when you first got assigned to me." She looked around at the clean office, the finished paperwork, and the door behind Gaspard, "No time like the present? Short of a god damn catastrophe I don't think we would be missed that quickly."

She got up and moved to the door and beckoned Gaspard to do the same along the way, "It'll do us some good. Besides you've already finished up here right?"

If he came along then they'd just move to the training grounds in the nearby barracks for their division, otherwise she'd drag him because he didn't really get a choice in the matter all things considered now that he had already brought it up in the first place. Once they got all ready and shoo'd off someone who was striking a pole with a shinai, Rena turned to Gaspard and clenched one fist at him.

"Don't forget who you are dealing with. I expect a full showing."

#7[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:30 am

Alysstrasza

Alysstrasza
As Rena stood up and began to head to the door, Gaspard realized the folly of trying to talk her out of it and so quickly tried to drink all of his tea like his Captain had done. Unfortunately for him, this wasn't something he typically did, so he burnt the roof of his mouth and his tongue as he swallowed down the tea, nearly crying briefly before setting down the cup with a loud gasp for air.

"Hotter than I intended it to be ... yeowch!" He stood up though, knowing that trying to talk her out of it would only get him dragged along behind her, even if he were kicking and screaming the whole way. As the other Shinigami was shooed away so Rena and Gaspard had the space they needed, he drew his black bladed katana and inspected it with a smile before releasing into his shikai. "Pierce the Heavens, Getsuga!" The black blade suddenly began to glow in a familiar light as it transformed into a crescent shape reminiscient of the moon, a chain rattling as it formed around his right wrist and the handle of the weapon.

Wasting no time, he threw the weapon towards his Captain. Simultaneously he began to formulate several plans based on her reaction to the initial attack, and would begin to enact a number of them the moment he was sure how she would react, even before the action was finished.

#8[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:58 pm

Rena

Rena
Rena waited as he got himself ready, ignoring that he had burned his mouth earlier because it was funny and didn't need her to say anything about it, watching as he entered his shikai. She had thought about it, entering her own shikai, but ultimately opted against it because her shikai was a bit.. difficult. not only did it have an incantation unlike his four word call out, but her powers didn't really fit into a tiny space that well and she figured she'd be better off relying on her own natural abilities instead of trying to contain her shikai within the training arena.

He threw his weapon at her and she diverted it to her right with her fist, protected as it was by her own zanpaktou, the chain gloves she always wore, before she shunpo'd to get right in front of him and attempt to punch him square in the nose. She didn't expect him to just sit there and take that, so she prepped for his counter, but she was going to start slow despite asking a full showing from him.

Not because she was holding back her strength or anything though. If she did land the punch it would certainly hurt, but she didn't want to break the rust off of her prodigy assistant forcefully and would much rather build up to the climatic finish. He'd get to where she wanted to fight him eventually she was sure. She just didn't like going full force straight out the gate against an opponent she knew couldn't beat her. Seemed mean.

#9[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:06 pm

Alysstrasza

Alysstrasza
As his weapon was deflected away, Gaspard yanked on the chain in a way that caused it to redirect slightly, wrapping around a nearby pole and coming back towards Rena's spine. He knew that she'd deal with this, too, but hopefully it would stop her punch; at the very least he was braced in case her punch made it all the way too him.

Tactically he knew he stood no chance against Rena Lisola, the Combat Queen, but he was going to try his hardest anyway because any less would get his ass kicked by Rena regardless. So with that in mind he threw up an Enkosen in front of him to block her punch, and moved to dropkick her in the face as the weapon came towards her back. Surely this wouldn't be enough to end the fight, but if both attacks connected it would certainly wake Rena up.

Just in case he charged another kidou in preparation for continuing the assault, knowing that he couldn't afford to give Rena any breathing room or she'd manipulate his body in whatever the fuck way she wanted to.

#10[Private] According to Cake Empty Re: [Private] According to Cake Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 pm

Rena

Rena
Her fist was stopped by a Bakudo, not too surprising given Gaspards talent with Kidou now that she remembered it, but as he went to dropkick her she grabbed his legs and twirled around to toss him at his incoming projectile of a Zanpaktou. It probably wouldn't hurt him too bad given he could just yoink it however he pleased, but it was certainly entertaining to try and hit him with his own weapon.

Having let go for the throw she pulled up an open palm and fired Hadou 33: Sokatsui at him, unleashing a widening shotgun like blast of blue spiritual energy at her vice-captain to catch him while he was hopefully busy dealing with being thrown and possibly being tangled in his chained weapon. at worst she'd singe him a little and he'd use that as an excuse tot ake the afternoon off to the fourth division for medical attention.

The thought just made her chuckle a bit, but she forced it to stop and waited for the smoke to clear from her hadou to see what had actually happened. He wasn't dead, she knew that much because she could still sense his spiritual pressure, so the only thing left to do was make sure he was still okay and hopefully raring to go.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum